Thursday, June 22, 2006

Peacock 2

I had a dream last night that I was being pursued by some sort of mythical beast/monster. At one point she got close enough and shot me full of stick pins. Every inch of my skin was punctured by thousands of stick pins in neat symmetrical angled rows. Hmmmm....
The cool thing was that I could fly in my dream. Unfortunately so could my pursuer. The dream dictionary says this about chase dreams: "To dream that you are being chased, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity. In particular, to dream that you are chased by an animal, represents your own unexpressed and unacknowledged anger which is being projected onto that animal. Alternatively, you may be running away from a primal urge or fear.." But it says the following about flying dreams: "To dream that you are flying, signifies a sense of freedom where you had initially felt restricted and limited." Ambivalent? Nah!
I am still waiting for Sweet Cicely to contact me with the first draft of the peacock. I am so impatient.

No comments: