Sunday, November 29, 2009

Goodies from the City-Wide Garage Sale



Austin has a city-wide garage sale at the Palmer Events Center each month. I've never been before. Corey went once and said it was nothing but junk. The one this weekend is supposed to be the biggest of the year so I thought I'd give it a try. I wanted to see if I could find some cute buttons for the dress I'm making for my niece Kara. (Stay tuned for a post and photos).

Clearly Corey and I have different definitions of junk. Look at all the goodies I bought!

Two vintage patterns for 50 cents each, sizes 36 and 38 (I'm a 37) Woot! Look at the jacket on the McCalls pattern. Love!




Vintage buttons for $1 a card. Vintage mother-of-pearl belt buckle for $5.



Vintage fabric for $5 a pound. I think the floral will make a nice scarf, the purple a skirt.



Vintage Vargas pin-up prints including the famous 6-fingered girl.




I am a happy camper!

No comments: