Monday, August 11, 2008

Skirting The Issue

Tired of pillows, I bought Amy Butler's In Stitches and made these fabulous pajama pants.




Corey calls them my Aladdin pants. You can't really see in the crappy picture I took in the mirror, but they have gold sparklies running throughout the fabric.

Then I made this fun sleeping mask.


This was my first quilting piece. I now know why quilting rulers exist. Drawing and sewing lines one inch apart is time consuming and hard to do. I learned some lessons on this one. I trimmed the seam too close and sewed the ribbon too close to the edge.

I saw and loved the Barcelona skirt:


in Amy Butler's Midwest Modern that I got for Christmas. I bought the pattern and made the tiered skirt from a beautiful batik fabric that I bought from Cia's Palette. Didn't it come out cute?






I then made the more simple A-line skirt from the same pattern with this owl fabric I bought a few weeks back. I wanted to put pockets on it and didn't have a pattern so just made one up. The curved edge was really, really hard to get to lay flat. Now I know about bias binding tape. I may go back and redo the pocket edges with orange bias tape so they look better.




More to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)